Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gaming Desktop, 800-1250$ Are AMD Processors okay to go with ...


I am looking to get a gaming desktop to replace my old alienware lappy. I saw that the AMD FX processors are not up to par with the Intel ones, I was wondering if it is reasonable to go with them since I am on a budget. I want this computer to mostly game, and if I get get a better graphics card with the money, that seems worth it to me. I am looking at an IBUYPOWER one that would have an FX 8310 (or something close) with dual 7870's for 1250. I also found one on newegg that has an FX6100 with a single 7850 for 700. But it has a single PCI X16 slot so I could not put crossfire in later, which I would love to be able to do. I would appreciate any thoughts and recommendations. Also, I would love to hear about any computers I have missed that fit my budget

==========

General Questions

1) What is your budget?
800-1250, on the high side is fine.
2) What size desktop would you prefer?
Any

3) Please select your country's flag as a post icon and tell us what country are you buying this in. (Since Flags do not appear to be working right now, just state what country.)
United States.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No
5) What tasks will you be performing with the desktop?
Gaming is the primary purpose for the computer.
6) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
Crysis 2, skyrim... I want this to be future proof as much as the budget will allow.
7) Do you mind buying online without seeing the desktop in person?
No

8) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 7 or 8 64bit is preferred.

Build Quality and Design

9) Are the desktop's looks and stylishness important to you?
Sort of, but not as much as speed

10) When are you buying this desktop and how long do you want this desktop to last?
2-3 years

Desktop Components

11) How much hard drive space do you want; 40GB to 2TB?
At least 500 gigs.

12) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, a DVD Burner, a Blu-Ray-R drive or a Blu-Ray burner?
DVD R/W at least. I would love a blue ray player, but want to game more.

13) Have you entertained the idea of building your own?
I don't want to put that much time into it right now.

==========

Source: http://forum.desktopreview.com/what-desktop-should-i-buy/245659-gaming-desktop-800-1250-amd-processors-okay-go-budget.html?amp;goto=newpost

euro 2012 Colorado Springs pga tour Nora Ephron mario balotelli mario balotelli jenny mccarthy

No comments:

Post a Comment